Hazardous Materials and other ways to dispose and recycle

The Landfill cannot currently accept hazardous materials such as batteries, paint or tires. Only non-hazardous, household waste may be placed in the Conmee Landfill. Some hazardous materials may be taken to the John Street Landfill operated by the City of Thunder Bay. For more information, please check their website.

Light bulbs and batteries may be taken to Canadian Tire for recycling.

Some electronic equipment can be taken to Pack Pros Plus. See their website for details. Fridges and freezers are only accepted into our landfill if the Freon is removed and a sticker stating this is applied. Or, you can come to the Municipal office and pay $60.00 and the Township will have the Freon removed.

Council is trying to set up a special depot, or collection day for hazardous material. Further information will be posted here.